Eligibility for Employment Services
To be eligible for personal services and supports you must be unemployed and legally allowed to work in British Columbia.
You are considered unemployed if you:
- are not working
- are working an average of fewer than twenty (20) hours per week, AND
- are actively seeking full-time employment
- are unable to work full-time because of a disability, but want to work more hours
- have received a notice that you will be laid off soon
- must leave your current job because of a medical reason
- are at significant risk of losing your employment because of a disability
Full-time students are not considered unemployed.
In some cases, financial supports are available for eligible clients.
Please note : ***Not all unemployed BC job seekers are eligible for personal supports and services.***
For more information on eligibility, please visit: WorkBC
The Employment Program of BC is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of British Columbia